Tuesday, February 26, 2008

If I didn't have you as my guide...

I sit here writing this at 1:49 AM. I'm so angry right now. Mostly because I despise people who are fake. I sit here begging forgiveness...only because I don't really know what else to do. I don't think I've never been so disappointed in my life.

"I had a well, but all the water less,
So I'll go ask Your forgiveness with every breath"

Last night I had a conversation with someone about some issues I am having with someone and his friends. And I talked about my concerns and I was reassured that things were not as bad as they seemed. I felt better. Then that person decided to make a comment about me when he thought I couldn't hear him. And I just don't understand it.

Someone enlighten me.

But all the while, I can't help but think about what is stopping me from smothering him.

Jesus just made it seem so easy...the whole loving your neighbor thing...I'm just ready for a break from all this.

But if I didn't have You as my guide,
I'd still wander lost in Sinai
ounting the plates of cars from out of state,
How I could jump in their path as they hurry along.
And You surround me,
You're pretty but You're all I can see
Like a thick fog...
If there was no way into God,
I would never have laid in this grave of a body for so long."
-mewithoutYou

7 comments:

david said...

Despising people who are fake is fake.

Chris said...

How so?

david said...

Because nobody is fake. People are what they are. You might be an asshole, you might be a nice guy, you might be a little of both depending on the circumstances, but one thing you are NOT is fake. Saying you despise people who are fake is beating around the bush (not to mention it's a whopper of a cliche among pretentious teens who fancy themselves "real"). There is something else you despise, but it isn't fakery. In claiming your hatred of fakeness, you create a phantom.

Anonymous said...

So David by your first statement are you calling Chris fake?

david said...

No. Putting it in terms Chris can understand, I am saying that despising people who are fake is not legitimate.

Chris said...

David, how do you explain complete hypocrisy then? How is that people can have beliefs in one area but act a certain way in another setting?

My point was that people don't actually live according to how they feel about something or someone. Rather, they put on a facade in an attempt to be liked even though they don't like whatever it is they are supporting. For example, if I hate rap music, but decide that I want to have friends who do enjoy rap so I pretend to, am I not being fake?

david said...

No, that's called ironic.

I'm more interested in talking on the other issue I commented on. Are you planning to respond to that?