Thursday, March 6, 2008

Learning to Breathe

I guess this is the best way to title this post.

Tonight I realized that I am completely burned out. I'm talking about school, work, friendships. I feel like I am at my worst right now. I don't even know why. I actually like my classes this semester. I just have so much outside work. It's difficult to keep up. My mind is expanding though. I just feel like, aside from one night of the week and the time I spent with my girlfriend, I am surrounded by closed minded people. People who don't want to look outside the box. People who would rather watch American Idol than do something positive. People that are going to church to avoid hell. I can't take it anymore.

Why don't people want to live the abundant life that Christ offers us? I just don't understand it.

I'm learning to breathe. I'm finding that Jesus is everything good in my life.

"I'm learning to breathe
I'm learning to crawl
I'm finding that you and you alone can break my fall
I'm living again
Awake and Alive
I'm dying to breathe in these abundant skies."
-Switchfoot

And I'm free again...

No comments: